- 3/4 cup of Amaranth flour
- 1 cup of White rice flour
- 1/2 cup of Potato starch
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1 cup of Warm water
- 2 1/2 tsp of Active yeast
- 3 Tbsp of Grape seed oil
- 1 Tbsp of organic Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of Ground organic flaxseed
- 1 tsp of Organic Maple syrup
- 2/3 cup of Organic Coconut oil
For the filling:
- 1 jar of Artichoke hearts in water
- 1/2 cup of carrots chopped small
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 cups of Baby Kale, steamed, drained and chopped
- 1 block of Extra firm tofu
- 1 tsp of Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne chili
- 1/4 cup of White rice flour
- 1 Tbsp of Nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp of Apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp of Salt
- Olive oil, for brushing the top of the dough
- Combine the flours, potato starch, and salt. In another bowl, add warm water and gradually stir in the yeast until well combined. Let sit until mixture is white and creamy looking. In another small bowl, combine grapeseed oil, apple cider vinegar, flaxseed, and the maple syrup. Stir until well mixed.
- Add wet ingredients (including yeast/water mixture) to dry ingredients and knead until forming a ball. Cover with a towel and set aside in a warm place for 40 to 60 minutes to rise.
- Once dough has risen a bit, roll it out into a rectangle and spread the coconut oil over the middle third. Wrap the outer thirds over the middle and roll and knead the entire thing until the coconut oil is softened and evenly spread throughout the dough, with no solid chunks remaining. Place dough in refrigerator for about 30 minutes, until chilled.
- Once chilled, remove it from fridge and divide it into four equal pieces. Roll one piece into a 1/4-1/2 inch thick circle and transfer into a ramekin, using your fingers to repair any cracks that may form when you transfer it. Place them in the fridge.
- To make the filling: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium skillet over medium heat, add onion, artichoke hearts, garlic, and carrots, heat about 5 minutes. Add the kale and stir for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and place in a blender, blending until the vegetables are chopped fine but not puréed. Transfer to a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- In the same blender, add tofu, lemon juice, cayenne chili, white rice flour, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, salt, and onion. Blend until very smooth. Transfer to the bowl with the vegetables and stir to combine.
- Remove the ramekins from the fridge and fill about 3/4 of the way full with filling. Fold excess dough over the top and shape as desired. Brush the top with olive oil and bake for 30-40 minutes, until dough is golden brown. Let them cool for a couple of minutes before serving.